ARCHDIOCESAN SYNOD — SEPTEMBER 19, 2021 – OCTOBER 24, 2021
NEXT SESSION: Session 3 – October 3, 2021
- Topic A: Welcoming parishes
- Topic B: Collaboration in parish ministry
As part of the ongoing three year Archdiocesan Synod process which began in 2019 with the Prayer and Listening events many of you attended, we are now approaching the third year. In Year 3, “The Church Engages” and small groups plan to meet in every parish to learn, pray and discuss the three focus areas outlined by Archbishop Hebda. We invite all parishioners to join us on six different Sundays September 19, 26; October 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 11am to 1pm in the Church Hall to learn, pray and discuss in small groups. Each week we discuss two different topics for a total of 12 topics, four under each of the three focus areas.
These three areas consist of:
- Forming parishes that are at the service of evangelization
- Forming missionary disciples who know Jesus’ love and respond to his call
- Forming youth and young adults in and for a Church that is always young
Parish feedback will then be used to help inform the Deanery consultation in early 2022. The process will culminate in the Archdiocesan Synod Assembly held Pentecost weekend, June 3-5, 2022. No preregistration required. For further information on the Archdiocese Synod please visit archspm.org/synod.